Holy Innocents Day, also known as the Feast of the Holy Innocents, is a Christian holiday commemorating the massacre of male infants by King Herod in an attempt to kill the newborn Jesus. This day is observed on December 28th and is a solemn day of mourning in the Christian tradition.
The story of the Holy Innocents can be found in the Bible, specifically in the Gospel of Matthew. According to the story, King Herod was informed of the birth of Jesus, the Son of God, by the Magi, also known as the three wise men. Herod, threatened by the news of Jesus’ birth and fearing that he would be overthrown as king, ordered the massacre of all male infants in Bethlehem under the age of two. However, Joseph, Mary, and Jesus were warned by an angel and fled to Egypt to escape the massacre.
The Feast of the Holy Innocents has been observed since the 4th century and is a day of remembrance for the innocent lives lost in the massacre. It is also seen as a symbol of the persecution of Christians throughout history and serves as a reminder to stand up for justice and defend the vulnerable.
In some Christian traditions, the Feast of the Holy Innocents is also seen as a day of joy, as it marks the escape of Jesus and the fulfillment of prophecies about his birth and role as the Son of God. It is also a day of hope, as it reminds believers of the ultimate triumph of good over evil and the promise of eternal life through Jesus.
In addition to religious observances, the Feast of the Holy Innocents is also marked by cultural traditions and celebrations. In Spain, it is traditional to play pranks on loved ones and friends on this day, similar to April Fool’s Day in other countries. In some Latin American countries, the day is also marked with parades, music, and other festive activities.
Overall, Holy Innocents Day is a significant day in the Christian calendar, marking both the tragedy of the massacre of innocent lives and the hope and joy of Jesus’ birth and the promise of eternal life. It is a day to remember the value of innocent lives and stand up for justice and defend the vulnerable.
Holy Innocents Day Messages
- For as of now, toward the start of their lives, they pass on. The finish of the present life is for them the start of wonder.
- Let not the grief stop you, they left for a better world.
- From Heaven, the astounded Infants speak: Weep not (they state), our Mothers dear, For swords nor distresses come not here. Presently we are solid who was so frail, And all is our own we couldn’t look for.
- They died a painful death but they have gone to heaven, to the lord.
- When people carry on lethally, for example, causing silly butcher of innocents in fighting, we like to accuse some dull, ‘carnal’ sense.
- We blossom among the sprouting blooms, We sing among the singing flying creatures; Wisdom we have who needed words: here morning knows not evening hours, All’s rainbow here without the showers.
- Let not the death of babies go in vain, pay your tributes and work in the direction which makes lord happy.
- Let’s not imagine that fetus removal isn’t about the mass butcher of innocents.
- Remember the infants who lost lives to someone’s cruelty, and pay a tribute to them by having a feast on holy innocents day.
- Let me state this as unmistakably as possible: No issue how sharp a complaint or how profound a hurt, there is no avocation for murdering innocents.
- The end of the present life is for them the beginning of glory.
- Feast of the Holy Innocents The most exciting thing you can ever do is win somebody to Christ. Also, it’s infectious. When you do it, you would prefer not to stop.
- It is smarter to slaughter one hundred innocents than to release one blameworthy individual.
On December 28, this day is observed in Western places of worship, whereas on December 29, it is observed in Eastern holy places. The Church considers these children to be saints, saints of God. Here Are Some Inspirational Quotes For Holy Innocents Day That You Can Share With The World On That Day On Your Social Media Profile.
Holy Innocents Day: Quotes
- The music business is one of a few places where everything you’ve heard about it seems entirely cliche, but it’s true. – Author: Patrick Stump
- Follow no path. Make your own. — Jared Leto
- The Holy Spirit is God. The Holy Spirit lives in me. – Author: Charles F. Stanley
- Prayer is not a check request asking for things from God. It is a deposit slip – a way of depositing God’s character into our bankrupt souls. — Dutch Sheets
- A woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because – Author: Anonymous
- Poetry is the connecting link between body and mind. — Camille Paglia
- All my stories are about the action of grace on a character who is not very willing to support it, but most people think of these stories as hard, hopeless and brutal. – Author: Flannery O’Connor
- I’ve learned to dance with a hand in my pants. — Billy Joel
- So, in the tulip, we have a flower of beauty and grace of charm, refinement, and distinction. It is a powerful flower and it knows it – Author: Tadashi Shoji
- Well, I’ve been lucky. I’ve never gotten a voice polyp. I’ve never gotten nodes. But I do get sick, usually every tour, and to varying degrees. Sometimes it’s sinusitis. — Geddy Lee
- True humility is a flower that will adorn any garden. – Author: Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Whatever. Boris, must you constantly breathe on me? — Meg Cabot
- It’s certainly easy to mock some things … Oddly enough though I’ve never found it easy to mock anything of value. Only things that are tawdry and fatuous – perhaps it’s just me. — Stephen Fry
- My hair is always at its best in New York. I don’t know what’s in the water. It could be mousse. – Author: Ellen DeGeneres
- God help those who do not help themselves. — Wilson Mizner
- Being Necessary is food no less than cabbages and strawberry pies. – Author: Catherynne M Valente