Every year on June 3, Chimborazo Day is commemorated. Chimborazo Mountain is the highest point on Earth, while not being the world’s tallest peak. It is an inactive stratovolcano in Ecuador’s Andes Cordillera Occidental range. The mountain rises to a height of 20,000 feet, making it Ecuador’s highest peak. The Chimborazo is also a popular mountaineering location. On this day, people gather to commemorate the Earth’s farthest point from its center, as well as the spirit of mountaineering.
- Happy Chimborazo Day to everyone. I hope this day goes fantastic for all of us, and we all get to spend some time researching nature.
- Chimborazo Day plays a huge role in the history of mountains and one should cherish its values the most.
- I wish we all could celebrate this day together. I hope everyone has a pleased Chimborazo Day.
- We should also go on to enjoy this perfect day with all our family members by spending some of our valuable time with them on this day and by enjoying it together.
- Chimborazo Day is undoubtedly one of the most memorable days, where we all should try to learn some facts about the beautiful mountain Chimborazo.
- “We are now in the mountains and they are in us, kindling enthusiasm, making every nerve quiver, filling every pore and cell of us.”
― John Muir,
- “I like geography best, he said, because your mountains & rivers know the secret. Pay no attention to boundaries.”
― Brian Andreas
- “Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion.”
― Robert Macfarlane